Monday, June 8, 2009

A Little Birdy Card

I am normally not one to copy other's work... I usually only copy templates or instructions on unique projects... and then I twist them into something much different or more my "style" but then I stumbled upon Nichole Heady's Card and loved it so much I just had to scraplift. I changed the basic feel of the card, hers was a sailboat card that said nephew... mine obviously is a birdy card with a saying to match but her color combo and over all design was too cute not to lift!

This card was difficult to photograph though, so because of that I decided to post lots of pics on my blog. The two directly under this paragraph show that the card opens with the desert sand and cranberry paper with the white circle attached. The blue lined paper, which is from Animal Cookies is actually the inside of the card. Make sense?

This last photo shows a little more of the detail. The birdy is cut out and popped up with foam squares. I then have embossed a white circle and mounted that onto another white circle that isn't embossed. I used a white pen to draw in faux stitching along the edge of the desert sand paper. And the red scalloped trim was made with decorative scissors. Man I just LOVE this card!

Supplies Used (All CTMH unless otherwise stated):
-Cardstock: Desert Sand, Cranberry, White Daisy
-Animal Cookies patterned paper
-June Word Puzzle stamp set
-Cocoa ink
-Red alpha stickers (doodlebug)
-White rub on letters (doodlebug)
-Watercolor pencils: Dutch blue, Holiday red
-Blending pen
-White pen (other)
-Scalloped Scissors (provocraft)
-Embossing folder (cuttlebug)