Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hawaiian Card Set and Holder

This Hawaiian inspired card holder and card set was what I created for my summer 2009 CTMH idea book party. I love celebrating the latest idea book being released by having over some of the women who my Mom and I scrap with most often and I am always trying to come up with something new for them to do. Sometimes I do a new technique while other times its a new little project.

The card holder was super easy to make with a few adjustments to the template I was using, which I got online from another wonderful CTMH consultant, Vicki. All you need is 3 pieces of cardstock and you have you basic card holder! All you have left to do is embellish it with your favorite paper pack and add some ribbon to tie it closed! The possibilities are endless.

I chose to use the new paper line from Close to my Heart called Moon Doggie as well as the new stamp set that featured the hibiscus flower, Extreme Happiness. When I stamp flowers of any sort I almost always cut them out and attach them only in the center, this way the petals can be bent up and curved, and in this case the stamen too! I love the dimension that it gives to the project. To add a little more detail to this set I also used the texture tools from CTMH. We used the stipple brush to create a sandy look on the colonial white papers.

For the cards, each woman received a set of 4 blank cards and envelopes. I then had them create the 2 cards that I had already made. We used the Extreme Happiness stamp set again with the sentiment from For Every Occasion. On the second card we used the Footprints stamp set. I love how well this stamp set, that features shells of many types, went with the theme and paper. The other 2 cards were up to them to create using left over paper from the set.

Items used (ALL CTMH):

-Moon Doggie Paper Pack
-Extreme Happiness Stamp Set
-Footprints Stamp Set
-For Every Occasions Stamp Set
-Texture Tools Stipple Brush
-Colonial White Crocheted Ribbon-Cranberry Buttons
-Ink colors: Indian Corn Blue, Cranberry, Desert Sand, Garden Green, Colonial White
-Cardstock: Indian Corn Blue, Cranberry, Colonial White