Monday, August 3, 2009

Sorority Senior Bar Crawl 2008

Ok so it is about time I finish some projects from CKU right?! I mean it has been about 2 months since I attended CKU in Nashville so I thought it was time to get some photos onto a few projects. This layout was a bonus class offered during one of the nightly crops. Beth Opel was the teacher and I absolutely love this one! I am not usually in favor of collages on my layouts but this one lent itself so perfectly to my photos.

I decided my sorority senior week bar crawl was the perfect event to go onto this layout for a few reasons. First of all I thought the black, white, blue, and pops of color in the layout went beautifully with the gray shirts we wore and the dark bar and party bus atmosphere we were in. Secondly there were sooooo many pictures from that night and I wanted to include as many as a could in one layout! So there you have it!I am in LOVE with mixing and matching alphabets! The gray thickers and orange stickers were a part of the kit we were given to do the layout, the black stickers that spell crawl in this picture, and spell AEPhi on the other side of the layout were my own addition.
The cutest part of this layout, in my opinion, is the little ribbon bunching technique we learned. Using brads we were able to add just a little bit of texture and added interest to our ribbon strips!
I always love to compare what people do to make a project their own with the original so I thought I would include a picture of the layout being taught and mine so you can see the two different looks and feels accomplished using the same foundation! Neat huh?! Obviously my version is the top photo and the bottom is Beth Opel's version that she taught.