Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scissors and the City Scrapbooking Retreats

Deciding to plan scrapbooking retreats in Arizona was a crazy thought to me a year ago. My mom and dad said it was a good idea and that we should go ahead and give it a try. Well now I am officially a scrapbook retreat planner! Scissors and the City is the name of the company that I have begun with help from my parents.

2009 is going well and I am really excited for the upcoming retreats! We have some wonderful companies that have decided to sponsor us and we are also working with some fantastic stores! There are 4 events in 2009 and our first one, coming up in March, Sold out in about 1 month! May seems to be filling up just as quickly too!

I have been able to meet some really wonderful women through these events. I love seeing the different ideas, styles, and techniques that people have for their paper crafting. Not only has the business of scrapbooking been able to introduce me to many new women but it has also allowed for me to see some college friends too as I travel around to scrapbook.

Soon this blog will be the host of artwork from the workshops that I teach at our retreats. I hope everyone will enjoy seeing the creations that I come up with throughout my journey with Scissors and the City.

If you are interested in more information about the retreats visit www.scissorsandthecity.com